Charles’ passion for hot springs started in 1992 the moment he entered the waters at Kusatsu Onsen in Japan. Since that time Charles has traveled to 51 countries on hot springs research missions in a search to discover how cultures of the world share the gift of thermal waters for health, well-being and community enlightenment.
At the Hot Springs Connection he will discuss how geothermal tourism helps to build thriving communities. Then he will provide information about the World Federation of Hydrotherapy and Climatotherapy (FEMTEC) and the Global Wellness Institute’s Hot Springs Initiative. He will also explain the Victoria Hot Springs PhD research that will be conducted in Australia. The purpose of this study is to evaluate the social, environmental and economic impacts of hot springs and the opportunity for similar research to be replicated in other countries through collaborative industry/university partnerships.
Charles has an impressive resume:
- Founder, Chairman and Creative Director of Peninsula Hot Springs
- Chairman of the Victorian Tourism Industry Council (VTIC)
- Chairman of the Global Wellness Institute Hot Springs Initiative
- Victorian Chamber of Commerce Executive Council Member
- Victorian Visitor Economy Ministerial Advisory Council member
- Founding Director Bathe the World Foundation
- Australian representative the World Federation of Hydrotherapy and Climatotherapy (FEMTEC)